I am now officially scheduled to deliver baby Azulito/a on Tuesday, June 9, 2015 via ceasarean section.
I have spent the past several months being upset and frustrated that I would not likely have a chance to deliver this baby as I did the MT, without surgical intervention. Last week a glimmer of hope appeared – maybe my placenta would move enough and I would have the opportunity to attempt a vaginal delivery. Along with that glimmer came a dark cloud: the risk of an emergency hysterectomy.
I have spent much of the past week worrying about this. Ultimately I decided in consult with the LP that I would prefer to avoid risking an emergency trip to the OR more than insisting on a vaginal delivery (or an attempted one), if that even becomes an option. I going to speak with my OB next week about this but that’s where I am presently leaning.